MAKES: 8 SERVINGS
PREP: 20 MINS
SLOW COOK: 5 HRS TO 6 HRS (LOW) OR 2 1/2 TO 3 HOURS (HIGH)
3 pounds turkey breast tenderloins
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
4 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
2 tablespoons sliced green onion
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place turkey in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with black pepper and cayenne pepper. In a small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, ginger, lemon juice, sesame oil and garlic. Pour over turkey.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Transfer turkey to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid. Cover turkey and keep warm.
- For sauce, strain cooking liquid into a small saucepan. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and the water; stir into cooking liquid. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- If desired, slice turkey. Spoon sauce over turkey. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts (Sesame Turkey)
Per serving: 222 kcal , 3 g fat (1 g sat. fat , 0 g polyunsaturated fat , 0 g monounsaturated fat ), 112 mg chol. , 373 mg sodium , 3 g carb. , 0 g fiber , 0 g sugar , 42 g pro.