MAKES: 12 SERVINGS
HANDS ON: 30 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 3 HRS PLUS 5 HOURS COOLING AND CHILLING
2 sleeves butter crackers (7 oz.), such as Town House or Ritz
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 bunch asparagus (8 oz.), washed, trimmed, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups)
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1/3 cup small finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon kosher salt
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
6 – 8 spears asparagus, washed, trimmed and halved lengthwise
2 tablespoons lemon-infused oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Coat inside of pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a food processor add crackers; pulse 30 seconds. Scrape sides; process 15 seconds or until fine crumbs. With processor running, drizzle in 6 Tbsp. melted butter until crumbs come together. Scrape sides; process 5 seconds more. Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Place on middle rack of oven. Bake 15 minutes or until set and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine asparagus pieces, whipping cream, onion, 2 Tbsp. butter, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Let cool 20 to 30 minutes. Add to food processor; process until smooth.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese and cornstarch on medium speed 1 minute. Scrape sides; beat 30 seconds or until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape sides; beat on medium-high 11/2 to 2 minutes, until light and airy. Add asparagus mixture, lemon zest, white pepper, and 1/2 tsp. salt; beat on low until combined.
- Pour filling into baked crust. Arrange asparagus spears on top. Place filled pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until just set. (Center will be slightly jiggly.) Cool 15 minutes on wire rack. Using a knife, loosen sides from pan; cool 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan; cool completely. Cover; chill at least 4 hours. To serve, cut slices and, if desired, drizzle with lemon oil.
Nutrition Facts (Savory Asparagus Cheesecake)
Per serving: 439 kcal , 40 g fat (21 g sat. fat , 5 g polyunsaturated fat , 11 g monounsaturated fat ), 154 mg chol. , 464 mg sodium , 17 g carb. , 1 g fiber , 4 g sugar , 6 g pro.