MAKES: 8 SERVINGS
PREP: 35 MINS
SLOW COOK: 6 HRS (LOW) OR 3 HOURS (HIGH)
2 cups chopped onions (2 large)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
1/2 cup coarsely snipped dried tomatoes (not oil-pack)
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Greek seasoning blend
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound skinless, boneless turkey breast half
1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese (6 ounces)
1 recipe Greek Cucumber Sauce
Cucumber slices (optional)
- In 4-quart slow cooker combine the chopped onions, olives, the dried tomatoes, broth, lemon juice, garlic, and 2 teaspoons of the Greek seasoning.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, the remaining 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning, the salt, and pepper.
- Brush turkey with oil mixture. Place turkey breast in slow cooker, trimming to fit, if necessary.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 hours.
- Transfer turkey breast to a cutting board. Slice turkey breast; return to slow cooker. Carefully toss mixture in slow cooker to combine; keep warm.
- Serve turkey slices topped with Greek Cucumber Sauce. Serve sliced cucumbers alongside, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (Greek Turkey Breast)
Per serving: 296 kcal , 12 g fat (5 g sat. fat , 1 g polyunsaturated fat , 4 g monounsaturated fat ), 97 mg chol. , 758 mg sodium , 10 g carb. , 2 g fiber , 6 g sugar , 36 g pro.