MAKES: 6 SERVINGS
SERVING SIZE: 2 WEDGES
MAKES: 1 PIZZA
PREP: 25 MINS
BAKE: 33 MINS 400°F
1 tablespoon gluten-free stone-ground cornmeal
2 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini
1 egg, lightly beaten
6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1/4 cup gluten-free stone-ground cornmeal
1 tablespoon snipped fresh sage
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
Desired pizza toppings, such as Quick Gluten-Free Marinara Sauce (recipe below) or purchased gluten-free pizza sauce, sliced pepperoni, chopped Canadian-style bacon, and/or sliced or chopped vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-inch pizza pan with parchment paper. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon cornmeal; set pan aside.
- Place shredded zucchini in a colander set in the sink; press several times with paper towels to remove excess moisture (you should have 2 cups packed zucchini after draining).
- For crust, in a large bowl combine egg, 1 cup of the cheese, the flour, the 1/4 cup cornmeal, the sage, and garlic. Stir in the drained zucchini. Spoon mixture onto the prepared pizza pan. Using your hands, press into an even layer. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven; cool slightly. Using a spatula, loosen crust but do not remove from pan (this keeps the crust from sticking after the final baking).
- Top with desired pizza toppings and the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake about 8 minutes more or until toppings are heated through and cheese is melted. To serve, cut into 12 wedges.
Quick Gluten-Free Marinara Sauce
2 28-oz cans whole tomatoes, undrained
6 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place tomatoes in a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until nearly smooth. Stir in basil; set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until garlic is lightly browned. Stir in tomato mixture, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Use on pasta, pizzas, and bruschetta.
Nutrition Facts (Quick Gluten-Free Marinara Sauce)
Per serving: 26 kcal cal., 1 g fat ( 0 g sat. fat, 0 mg chol., 172 mg sodium, 3 g carb., 1 g fiber, 1 g pro. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet