MAKES: 8 SERVINGS
SERVING SIZE: APPETIZERS
HANDS ON: 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS
1 recipe Homemade Ricotta or one 15-ounce carton whole milk ricotta cheese
1 recipe Charred Corn
1 recipe Grilled Padron Peppers
1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
1 recipe Garlic-Rubbed Bread
1 recipe Balsamic Brown Butter
- Heat grill to medium-high. Place ricotta in an 8- or 9-inch cast-iron skillet. Grill about 6 minutes or until bubbly. Let cool for 10 minutes. Top with corn and peppers; sprinkle with parsley and salt. Drizzle with Balsamic Brown Butter and serve with Garlic-Rubbed Bread.
Grilled Padron Pepper Topping
6 ounces whole Padron peppers
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Toss Padron peppers with olive oil and a little kosher salt; transfer to grill basket. Grill over medium-high heat about 2 minutes or until peppers begin to blister. Shake basket; cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
Charred Corn Topping
2 ears fresh corn
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Remove husks and silks from corn. Brush with olive oil. Grill over medium-high heat about 12 minutes, turning often. Remove corn from cobs.
Garlic-Rubbed Bread Slices
8 3/4-inch slices artisan-style sourdough bread
1 large clove garlic, peeled and halved
- Heat grill to medium-high. Grill the sourdough bread slices for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted, turning once. Rub both sides of warm bread with cut sides of garlic.
Homemade Ricotta Cheese
4 cups whole milk
1 1/4 cups whipping cream
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
- In a 4-qt. heavy nonreactive pot heat milk and cream over medium-high heat just until boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar and kosher salt. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Line a colander with a few layers of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth; set over large bowl. Pour in milk mixture. Let stand 1 hour. Lift ends of cheesecloth around cheese and squeeze gently; discard whey. Transfer cheese to a storage container. Cover; chill up to 1 week.
Balsamic Brown Butter Sauce
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In saucepan cook butter over low heat about 12 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; let cool for 2 minutes.
Stir in vinegar and season with salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Fire-Roasted Ricotta with Corn and Peppers)
Per serving: 400 kcal , 26 g fat (13 g sat. fat , 2 g polyunsaturated fat , 10 g monounsaturated fat ), 62 mg chol. , 599 mg sodium , 30 g carb. , 2 g fiber , 5 g sugar , 13 g pro.