MAKES: 6 SERVINGS
MAKES: 5 CUPS
START TO FINISH: 30 MINS
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
1 cup vanilla-flavor low-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 pounds green and/or red seedless grapes, halved (about 5 cups)
1 recipe Candied Nuts or 1 cup purchased candied walnuts or toasted chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add yogurt, the 1/4 cup honey, the lemon peel, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until light and smooth. Add grapes; toss to coat.
- To serve, sprinkle individual servings with Candied Nuts and fresh thyme leaves. If desired, drizzle with additional honey.
3/4 cup broken black walnuts or English walnuts
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Butter the foil; set baking sheet aside.
- In a heavy medium skillet, combine broken black walnuts or English walnuts, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Cook over medium-high heat, shaking skillet occasionally, until sugar begins to melt. Do not stir.
- Reduce heat to low. Continue cooking until sugar is golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat. Pour nut mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Cool completely. Break into small clusters. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Makes about 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Creamy Grape Breakfast Salad)
Per serving: 371 kcal , 16 g fat (5 g sat. fat , 7 g polyunsaturated fat , 3 g monounsaturated fat ), 19 mg chol. , 102 mg sodium , 53 g carb. , 2 g fiber , 47 g sugar , 9 g pro.